Specially designed for outdoor use, this propane-powered water heater makes it easy to provide a continuous flow of hot water to off-the-grid areas such as cabins, lake houses, greenhouses, camping sites, farmhouses, and even RVs.
And the good thing about this tankless water heater is that performs efficiently without placing too many demands on the user. So, if you are searching for an outdoor water heater, read on to find out if the Eccotemp L10 would make a good fit for your needs.
Featuring a compact build and a weight of only 18 pounds, the Eccotemp L10 has a portable design that allows you to take this water-heating unit anywhere. This portability in turn is complemented by a rugged construction that enables the Eccotemp L10 water heater to handle a more permanent outdoor installation such as at the back of a remote summer home (cabin, cottage, lake house, etc.) and for 3 months straight! Not many outdoor water heaters can handle such an extended stay out in the open. The Eccotemp L10 uses 2 “D” cell batteries for flame ignition and can be hooked up to a portable propane source as it does not require additional vent piping. All these qualities combined, make possible to use the Eccotemp L10 in any imaginable off-the-grid setting.
The L10 is considered an outdoor power horse as it packs a punch when it comes to delivering hot water. The unit has a heating power of 74, 500 BTU and delivers 2.65 gallons of hot water per minute. This amount of hot water could be enough to meet all your outdoor shower needs and perhaps more.
Automatic Set-Off Timer
Like every other tankless unit, the Eccotemp L10 offers efficient operation where hot water is provided when needed without any wastage in power/energy. Featuring an energy efficiency rate of 85%, this heater contains an automatic set-off timer, which is built into the heater’s design. This timer shuts off the water heater when it is not in use and kicks it back into action the minute water starts flowing again.
Standard ½” NPT Fittings
The Eccotemp L10 water heater was designed for outdoor installation only. It features 0.5-inch National Pipe Thread Taper (NPT) pipe fittings that come with the unit. The fittings make it possible to connect the water heater to a number of standard outdoor fixtures ranging from pressure washers to outdoor faucets.
Manual Temperature Controls
Different hot water uses such as showering, dishwashing, and bathtubs require different temperatures of water. This is why the Eccotemp L10 provides you with manual temperature controls with a range of 80 – 150 degrees Fahrenheit. With this manual temperature controls, you will be able to get hot water for several uses just the way you need it.
Aside from the manual controls, getting the temperature you want can be done by adjusting flow of water. According to users of the unit, low flow delivers scalding hot water, which gets cooler and cooler as the flow of water increases.
- 9’ CSA approved gas regulator
- A 3.5’ hose
- 1/2” NPT garden hose adapter
- Stainless steel rain cap
- Instruction manual
The Eccotemp L10 measures 6.5 x 13.5 x 28 inches.
- Features a solid build that enhances durability.
- Setting up the Eccotemp L10 is easy as the unit comes with all the fittings and accessories (except fuel) needed to get it up and running.
- Allows simultaneous usage of 2 water exit points (e.g. shower head and sink or dishwasher and sink).
- Offers effortless and convenient operation whereby the water heater automatically shuts down when water stops flowing through the unit and starts up again when water flow resumes.
- Has an auto cut-off safety design that causes immediate shut-off of gas supply of in case of a flameout.
- Has a rugged construction (which includes a stainless steel rain hood) that can withstand the harsh elements of the outdoors.
- Tends not to function optimally in windy and low water pressure conditions.
- Propane gas is not included in the packaging of the product which means you will have to buy a propane tank to be able to use the water heater.
Featuring more positive than negative reviews, the Eccotemp is quite a hit among several popular online stores. Some of the loved features about this unit include its reasonable price, good functionality, consistency, space-saving design, high level of safety and easy installation that has seen buyers with no previous plumbing experience manage to successfully install the water heater themselves.
Built a little sturdier than the average outdoor tankless water heater, the Eccotemp L10 is a portable, versatile, feature-packed, consistent performer that ensures you get hot water whenever you need it.